Company: The Garrett Companies
Title: Landscape Architect
Job Description: Landscape Architect
Reports To: Vice President of Development
The Landscape Architect will lead The Garrett Companies’ landscape design efforts on a range of projects at a national level. This person is responsible for concept, design, documentation, and construction administration in multiple states with a range of budgets and design goals. While primarily focused on multifamily development – this designer will also work on projects including retail, office, restaurant, and smaller scale residential.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop project landscape and site designs and successfully implement them from concept phase through project execution
• Develop pre-construction/bidding documentation that clearly conveys design intent and documents product and vendor selections
• Selection of plants and material to meet specifications and established budgets
• Design amenity areas on site to meet project and corporate standards
• Design hardscape elements to integrate with landscape design
• Coordinate with internal teams, consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
• Research local zoning codes for all projects to ensure designs are complete and fully prepared for permit / plan reviews
• Produce graphic presentations, renderings, and construction drawings suitable for bidding and regulatory approvals and permits
• Research concepts and materials to support team on technical issues influencing concept development
• Prepare reports such as scope comparisons and project schedules
• Create and evolve landscape design standards
• Create preferred vendors list
• Conduct on-site observations and provide recommendations to help to improve quality and efficiencies
• Prepare landscape and site feature design presentations.
• Professional licensure in the jurisdictions of all Garrett Companies projects
• 5+ years relevant landscape design experience (experience in multifamily and hospitality preferred)
• Knowledge of plants, irrigation, site furnishing, finishes, materials, specifications, and zoning codes
• Advanced design, visual, and graphic presentation skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of advanced principles of site and public space planning
• Ability to develop and present design concepts
• Ability to incorporate metrics (scope, budget, schedule, etc.) into design process
• Confidence in both hand and computer generated graphics
• Knowledge of Planting Specification and Design
• Knowledge of Standard Construction Details and Industry means and methods
• Ability to balance multiple projects of varying scopes at any given time
• Great interpersonal, organization, and communication skills a MUST (able to speak with staff, vendors, clients, and construction crews on a daily basis)
• Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
• Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
• Self-starter and works well in a team environment
• Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from accredited school
Pre-Prerequisites (these are the most important items):
• Positive attitude.
• Ability to listen and understand intents and goals.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
• Relentless problem solving skills.
• Must understand the difference between causation and correlation.
• Ability to think 2+ steps ahead and anticipate what comes next.
• We are all broom pushers. Every member of our team must be willing to work and support at all levels.
Initial Training and Orientation:
New hire onboarding process.
$75,000 - $90,000 depending on qualifications
Years Experience: 5
City: Greenwood, IN
Compensation: $75,000- $90,000 depending on qualifications