Company: HWC Engineering, Inc.
Title: Associate Planner/Planning Project Manager
Job Description: Are you inspired and motivated to use your planning skills to help communities reach their full potential? Do you desire to become part of a top shelf team of planning and design professionals working together to
address your client’s most complex community challenges? Do you have the ability to inspire your team with thought-provoking and industry-leading recommendations?
If this describes you, then you would be a great fit to apply for our open Associate Planner/Planning Project Manager position at HWC Engineering.
HWC Engineering offers a high-profile office location in downtown Indianapolis with a modern and flexible work environment. Additionally, we are just a few steps away from some of the best recreation, dining and
entertainment spots Indy has to offer.
• Support project development activities with general and specific research
• Develop and present formal reports, working papers and client
• Work with project team to help client identify specific community
problems, issues and opportunities, and apply community planning
principles to provide recommendations for mitigation
• Develop visionary plans for communities with unique and substantial
• Collaborate on innovative strategies to promote economic and
community development or efficient land use practices
• Provide recommendations on project priorities, implementation schedules
and applicable project funding sources in line with client goals
• Facilitate a high number of evening meetings
Required Experience/Skills: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a planning related field
• Four or more years of professional planning experience
• AICP Certification or the desire to obtain certification within one year
• Excellent graphic design and/or illustration skills
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with ArcGIS
• Excellent communication and writing skills
Years Experience: 4
Travel: Travel Required
Compensation: Competitive Indianapolis Market Rates