Company: American Structurepoint
Title: Sr. Planner
Job Description: American Structurepoint is constantly defining the built environment by creating an atmosphere of creativity, responsibility, diversity, accountability, and entrepreneurship. We believe that innovation comes from a constant flow of diverse ideas. The phrase "because that’s how we’ve always done it" is never a part of our conversations. We encourage our experts to try new things and explore ideas that can help our clients achieve their goals, even if those ideas are unconventional. We are looking for innovative, creative, and passionate professionals who seek excellence in all they do to serve their clients. We invite you to explore the following exciting opportunity to join our team:
Group: Planning and Economic Development
Position: Project Planner/ Senior Planner
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Our upstart and growing planning and landscape architecture group helps our clients stay ahead of the curve and finds unique and innovative solutions to everyday problems. Our planning group specializes in both rural and urban redevelopment planning, sub-area plans, urban design projects, strategic investment planning, economic development and general land-use planning.
Our team is looking for a supportive and energetic project planner that shares our interest in improving the quality of life for our clients and the communities we serve. Candidates should have a strong belief in the value of community engagement, should be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and should have a passion for providing informed, innovative and creative strategies and solutions.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Preparing communications and outreach materials for planning processes, including the design of print collateral and online communications tools;
• Providing support for public workshops and events, including preparing materials, facilitating small groups and processing public input gathered;
• Researching and collecting data on community conditions and trends and working with staff to present information in a clear and compelling manner in multiple formats;
• Preparing and delivering draft content for presentations to clients, stakeholders and the public;
• Preparing maps and graphics that help to effectively convey key data and help tell important stories about communities;
• Drafting text for planning documents and interim deliverables that is technically competent while also accessible to the intended audience(s);
• Assisting with editing and formatting plans and other documents.
Additional Responsibilities may include:
• Assisting in client and business development.
• Assisting with the identification and creation of project opportunities in Indiana and Ohio.
• Assisting with content generation for proposals including RFQ’s and RFP’s including budgets, schedules and scopes of work.
• Assist in the mentorship and development of staff.
• Provide support to other departments in the company with planning related projects (marketing, outreach and public involvement, project development).
Required Experience/Skills: Qualifications:
• Our ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of experience in the field of Community Planning, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Community Development
• Project and or task management experience required
• AICP accreditation preferred
• Must be highly-motivated and possess the ability to work independently on concurrent projects in a fast-paced professional environment
• Excellent written, graphic and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficiency with ArcView, and Adobe design software (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meets established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
• Knowledge of pertinent federal, state and local rules, regulations, ordinances, and other regulatory standards applicable to the work.
• Knowledge of available funding opportunities and applicable processes including but not limited to the programs offered by the Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) and the Indiana Economic Development coalition (IEDC).
Years Experience: 5-10
Compensation: Competitive pay and benfits- Negotiable depending on level of experience