Company: BPI Outdoor Living
Title: Landscape Designer/Sales
Job Description: Our values at BPI Outdoor Living are Trust, Growth, Purpose, Balance and Understanding. We’re fast-paced, yet provide an environment that is flexible. We work hard and still have fun in the process. We hope.
We’re committed to creating the space for memorable outdoor experiences for our customers. In this role, you’ll be focused on delivering this vision to our clients.
The Landscape Designer/Sales role will ensure that our client’s needs and desires are being met while also ensuring that BPI’s vision and mission are being fulfilled. You’ll play a crucial role in meeting with our clients and acting as a trusted advisor to help them realize the full potential for their outdoor living spaces and landscapes while also helping them enhance their lifestyles and property values.
You will work closely with a talented team of designers and craftsmen to allow your vision for our client’s spaces come to life the way you and the client intended. Our talented design team consists of skilled designers, computer savvy individuals and amazing graphic artists. Working with this team will allow for you to be part of award-winning designs and finished projects.
Our ability to create trust with clients and define unique, elegant, and functional design solutions allow us to build their spaces typically within a year of the initial designs. This will allow you to be a part of some amazing builds and allow for exposure to new installation techniques.
Think you’re a good “fit”? You will need to bring the following:
● Ability to meet with clients and determine unique and functional design solutions based on their needs, desires and budget.
● Collaborate with a team of designers and project managers on project details and deadlines.
● Ability to communicate with the team and clients using graphics and renderings.
● Own and lead the design schedule.
● Understand construction documentation and possess the ability to create production packages.
● Effectively communicate with client and team members throughout the design and installation process.
● Knowledge of required permitting and construction compliance.
● A Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
● More than three years of professional experience in a landscape architecture/design role.
● Previous experience in a sales and performance-driven setting would help you and us.
We’re committed to your success, and you’ll find opportunities to grow here with us. You won’t find a corporate ladder to climb, but rather a chance to evolve your skills and abilities as we grow. We’ll give you the tools that you need to excel - we just need you to tell us what you need and why it will help you and the business.
EXPECTATIONS AND ROCKS
Within the first three to six months, this position would accomplish the following “rocks”. Names listed in () are considered resources.
● Demonstrate the ability to design unique, functional outdoor spaces based on the client’s needs, desires and budget while maintaining profitability.
● Take a lead role in the design department and set realistic metrics for success.
● Meet or exceed initial sales goals and metrics.
● Forge relationships with the production team and ensure the company’s vision and mission are being upheld.
To act as a trusted experts for our clients. To offer unique, and functional design solutions for their outdoor living spaces and landscapes while be thoughtful about their budgets and investments in their properties. To work with our production team to ensure the overall vision for the outdoor living space is realized.
Required Experience/Skills: POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Meets with clients to define realistic, unique and functional design solutions.
● Manages the design team using defined metrics and goals.
● Meets or exceeds sales goals.
● Creates construction documentation and supporting design details for permit requirements.
● Collaborates with the production team to ensure the clients expectations and vision are being met.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
● Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
● Three or more years of Landscape Architecture or Design experience.
● Previous experience in a sales and performance-driven setting is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities
● Impeccable organization and comfort following a process
● Highly motivated and energetic
● Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
● Strong work ethic
Years Experience: 3 years
Travel: City Travel
Compensation: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00, including sales commissions